Blog Archives

Solid Week of Work

Man, I just spent the entire last week doing nothing but coding and working on this game! Several days were devoted to art. The player will be able to walk around a small town during the second level of the

Posted in Against the Wall

My Head in the Clouds

I spent half of today on coding and the other half on finishing up some textures for the windmill-elevator contraption. As I mentioned yesterday, the elevator in this first building functions like a ski lift. The elevator car has four

Posted in Against the Wall

New Windmill Art

I spent Tuesday working on new art for the game's windmill starting area. The first building will essentially function as a machine powering an elevator that will lift the player high into the sky. It's basically a vertical ski lift

Posted in Against the Wall

MarbleMind's Climb of the Patient

MarbleMind sent this video to me in earlier in July, though I'd share it here:

Posted in Against the Wall

A (sort-of) Review!

Free PC Gamers has posted a link to my game! I've been getting some extra traffic as a result of this. Thanks guys! The next version has been slow going because of work, but this is my passion, and I

Posted in Against the Wall


I just realized it's been a nearly a month since my last update! I've been working for a web company this last month and time just slipped by. I've been working on the project in what spare time I have,

Posted in Against the Wall

Irregular Chunks

I feel like a rockstar! After 2.5 days of programming, I've finished rewriting the procedural generation code so that the seams between the chunks all but disappear! Before, chunks were perfect squares of 64×64 brick spaces. Technically they still are,

Posted in Against the Wall

Post-Competition Game

Now that voting for the Ludum Dare is over and the scores have been released, I've decided to put up a build of the newest version of Against the Wall. You'll find the web player on the Play page. Since

Posted in Against the Wall, Game Builds

Against the Wall (Alpha 0.2)

Version Alpha 0.2 of Against the Wall, a first person platformer originally conceived for the Ludum DareĀ  competition #20. The Theme for that competition was "It's Dangerous to Go Alone, Take This." In this game, the player is on a

Posted in Against the Wall

Sound and Tangents

Today was spent entirely on writing a sound manager that instantiates a small number of audio sources that are repeatedly used, for footsteps, the movement of bricks, etc. I've also given the world an ambient wind sound for good measure.

Posted in Against the Wall