Yesterday evening I reworked the site a bit. There is new a logo text at the top of the page and things are a tiny bit cleaner all-around. Also, I've designed an icon that is based around the general shape of the wand's headpiece. This icon will be used in a few places on the site, as the launch icon for the application, and as a a loading screen symbol (animated). All done in the lead up to PAX East, of course. I'll be sure to cover my table and business cards with these logos.
I spent much of the past two days tweaking the wall textures for the game. At first I upped the resolution on the base texture to 2048 x 2048. This made things look better, but greatly increased the amount of memory being used for textures, and blew up the game's file size. The final texture atlases were over 160 MB together. I'm trying to make this game playable on as many platforms as possible, so to have this big texture loaded into RAM at all times is unacceptable. So, I reduced the resolution of each texture type (there are 5 now) to give me atlases that are a quarter of their size at full resolution. It won't look as good, but it will get the job done.
The variation of the textures is in part to help the colorblind get through the game. User Znack told me that the green bricks look exactly like the red bricks to someone with dichromacy. As a response, I'll be splitting each of the 11 brick types among the 5 texture types. I will be careful to make sure that colors which are often confused are given distinct textures.
Finally, I did an interview on Monday with the guys at ShortWaveRockin. I am my usual awkward self in this one! Went off on a weird pedantic biology rant for a few seconds too as a bonus. Thanks Alex and Johnny!